Sunday 12 August 2012

What the ripples Can’t Hide


I stared into the water and it stared back at me.
I didn’t like my reflection and I was unsure if it liked me.


What did I know about myself inside?
That others were not allowed to see, the things I try desperately to hide.


I’ve dropped many a stone to break the tension of the surface,
The ripples distaining the image for a brief while,
Disguising to the world and I’m feigning a smile.
But every time the picture comes back as me.


Sometimes the background is sunny,
Sometimes the rain clouds look angry coloured black and grey.
Occasionally passersby will look in too,
But for some reason no one ever seems to want to completely stay.


And so I stare into the water and it stares back at me.
Perhaps one day I will like my reflection but I’m still not sure it likes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment